Monday, February 9, 2009

FBI

(She's always smokin' a Lucky Strike, I wanna go out with her. Oh, ridin' round town on my motorbike, I wanna go out with her. But she won't date me and I know why, she knows I'm workin' for the FBI!)

Presto-chango, the costume plan has changed. It's early on, though, so it's okay.

We went craftstore hunting today, and my mom and I came up with some pretty maroon-y linen for my cloak, with a white muslin to line it. It'll look so good with the silver clasp I found! And seeing as most patterns are made for someone who is 5'6, I shouldn't have to shorten it since I wanted it... well, not floor length. Calf length.
It'll be so B.A. (Why did I just say that? Bad Mia!)
We picked up all the neccessary patterns for the costumes. My mother does not trust me to make the gorilla suit without a pattern, so now I have one. I suppose I wouldn't trust me either, since the fake fur is $15 a yard. And yet she trusts me to improvise the mermaid tail?

I'm going to find out on Tuesday who all needs help with their costumes. It's a cast of seventeen, and already my mom and I have a list of five definates, with at least three possibles. Thankfully I'm planning on making the gorilla suit next weekend, so that'll be done and good.


Boots? Apparently I found a good site for the cast to get their boots from. I have to show that off on Tuesday, too. Maybe we can do one giant order, like we are with the swords. BTW, swords are easier to decide on than costumes. Almost everyone has a sword picked, and yet they have no idea for their costumes. Sweet.

Costume plans:
-My costume (Cloak, tunic, trousers, boots, belt, [kerchif? maybe])
-Mermaid (Tail, modest top?) If it has to be modest, I might as well make a bodice, instead of trying to make a skintoned shirt to put under the standard bra.
- Gorilla (suit, gloves, furry spats!)
- Pirate shirt
-Pirate vest



I'm so excited for our first real rehearsal of the year on Tuesday! I will be a happpppyyyyy Mia!

1 comment:

§ħąďŏŵźēờи said...

Sounds like you're quite the busy girl~
I hope it all comes together as planned, Dear.